Janchi Guksu(Banquet Noodles)
JANCHI GUKSU / BANQUET NOODLESIngredients (Serve 1)4.5 cups SP Korean noodle soup stock, 180g of thin noodles (Somyeon), chopped red chilli, 2 cups water, 2 eggs beaten, 1 zucchini sliced, chopped spring onion/chives, 2 tbs of minced garlic, 2 tbs chilli powder, 1 ts sugar, ½ cup soy sasuce, ½ cup sesame oil, Some sesame seeds
1. Add 2 cups of water into a pot, and dissolute the SP noodle soup stock with a ratio of 1:4 (stock: water).
2. Preheat the pan with a spoon of cooking oil, stir-fry the sliced zucchini with a pinch of salt, stir until it is slightly cooked. Set it aside.
3. Add some more cooking oil into the pan over low heat. Add 2 beaten eggs and cook it until an omelette on both sides. Place omelette on a cutting board. After it cools down, roll up the omelette and thinly slice it. Set it aside.
4. Prepare thin noodles with the size of a 50c coin [1serve], boil the noodles in the boiling water until it is cooked (2 min). Drain the water and rinse the noodles under cold water. Place the noodle aside
5. Prepare the dressing sauce. Mix chopped spring onion, chopped red chilli, chilli powder, minced garlic, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame in a smaller bowl.
6. Serve the noodles in the dining bowl first, then pour the soup base into the same bowl, then decorate with zucchini and egg slices on the top. Serve warm immediately, add the dressing sauce as needed.